Saturday, February 24, 2007

With Love...

Hilary Duff's latest single is shamelessly titled "With Love." I say shameless because earlier this year, Duff launched her perfume, also called With Love. When I first saw the music video, I thought it seemed like a blatant advertisement for the fragrance, only to find out that part of it is actually used in a commercial.

"With Love" is the first single off her new album, "Dignity," to be released April 3. Hilary's music has always been bubble-gum fare, but lately she's been moving away from her cookie-cutter image. She seems to be following some of her peers/rivals, going for an electronic dance sound similar to Lindsay Lohan's "Rumors." She is also going for a more mature look. While the short black wig doesn't really suit her, it's refreshing to see her with a little more meat on her bones (she could still stand to gain a few pounds though, and while she's add it she could dye her hair blonde again).

Although I miss the old Hilary, the more I listen to this song, the more addictive it becomes. I've been a fan of hers since "Lizzie McGuire," and I've enjoyed her music since she sang the words, "It doesn't matter where I go with my boy shoes and my rock star phone," in her first single, "I Can't Wait." I like "With Love" for the same reason I liked that and everything she's done since-- it's fun and entertaining and it makes me want to do a crazy dance.

Click here to watch the video.

No comments: