Friday, September 08, 2006

This is why I never had a TV as an undergrad...

Last week my roommate was watching Project Runway and it was the night of a new episode so they were naturally showing all the previous episodes. I make it a habit to avoid reality shows, but I happened to be eating dinner and I could not avoid watching from where I was sitting. I quickly discovered why the show is such a hit and I now have a new addiction.

It's hard to pinpoint what makes Project Runway a good reality show. I think it's because unlike most reality shows, it doesn't center around ridiculous challenges or seemingly staged drama. Yes, there are challenges, but they involve making a couture gown in two days, not eating spiders. And yes, there is drama (such as when Jeffrey clashed with Angela's mom), but it is secondary to the clothes. Most of the designers are there to win, which is where the drama comes in, but they are actually talented, therefore it is worth it to watch them.

Predictions: I hope Jeffrey wins and I think he has a good shot because he really proved himself with the last two competitions. He sometimes comes off as a jerk, but I don't think he is. He's honest and tells it like it is and that's what I like about him.

Michael also has a good chance of winning. In fact, I think he'll probably take it. In the episodes I've seen, and I think I've seen most of them, he hasn't had a bad design. Not that I'm a fashion expert, but the judges seem to like him too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear you like Project Runway!