Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another stab in the heart from Disney

Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) has a new music video of "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid which is now played regularly on the Disney Channel. I don't know who gave this girl the idea that she could sing, but Disney Channel should stop encouraging it. Her high-pitched, shrieky voice sounds unnatural. In the music video, it seems that she is trying to imitate Hilary Duff's style and facial expressions. Ashley Tisdale, you are not a sex goddess. You can't sing. And "Kiss the Girl" is a classic that should not be covered by anybody, especially you. I was so excited about the two-disc Little Mermaid DVD that comes out just in time for my birthday (the sound on my videotape is ruined from so many viewings), but I'm really hoping this music video isn't on it.

No comments: