Monday, August 07, 2006

Movies to look forward to

In procrastinating my work, I stumbled upon some movie trailers.

I found a preview for "Marie Antoinette." It's not the one with just music and quick shots from the movie that has been playing for a while. This one shows actual scenes. I find it odd that Kirsten Dunst doesn't have any sort of accent, but I'm still excited for it.

I also saw a preview for "Material Girls," the new Hilary Duff movie that comes out the same day as "Snakes on a Plane." I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd much rather see the former. Any movie that has Hilary and Haylie Duff singing a cover of "Material Girl" has to be awesome. It looks like the rich man's "Cow Belles," which was a made for Disney Channel movie starring Aly and AJ that was also about rich girls who lose all their money and have to work like real people. But "Cow Belles" didn't have the Duff sisters or Anjelica Huston and isn't described as "a modern day makeover of pop icon Madonna's famous hit song of the eighties" (from Hilary Duff's website).

In related news, "Trust the Man," starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and Billy Crudup looks like it's finally coming out also on August 18. I just hope it's not one of those movies where the preview is better than the movie. I'll let you know once I see it.

No comments: